From micro loans to SME loans to current accounts, savings plans, insurance, transfers and much more, Advans aims to offer small businesses and other clients tailored financial services to help them grow their businesses and achieve their professional or personal goals. Advans affiliates constantly update the range of financial services on offer to ensure that clients always find the products they need. At Advans we employ a client centric approach, using client feedback to improve our services, tailoring them to the specific needs of each of our target segments.
We are currently focusing on the digitalisation of our products, processes and procedures to increase efficiency and outreach and better understand and respond to client needs in fast developing markets. The introduction of a new Core Banking System will speed up our development on four key strategic levels:
- Digitalisation of the loan process will help Advans to increase its output and improve loan control and follow up.
- Digital credit scoring will enable Advans affiliates to optimise their operational expenses on micro client segments, reduce cost of risk and encourage clients to save regularly.
- Developing business intelligence systems will allow us to use data to improve our client knowledge, reporting and analysis of productivity.
- Alternative (including digital) delivery channels such as self-service applications, Advans agents and mobile tellers, third party distribution networks and different means of payment will enable Advans to increase our proximity to our clients, target new areas and client populations, boosting uptake and use of our financial services.
Now that Advans affiliates have built a strong structure and have reached financial stability in urban centres, they are focusing on scaling up their activities and increasing their outreach in semi-rural and rural areas where there is high potential for growth and impact. So as to serve clients in these areas in a sustainable and responsible manner, Advans aims to:
- Develop tailored credit and deposit products for farmers and other clients in their value chains, together with suitable risk mitigation methodology;
- Address the needs of rural families through providing tailored deposit products, insurance and training; and
- Introduce innovative, appropriate delivery channels (including digital solutions and agent networks) to serve rural clients in remote areas, where access to traditional banking systems is often limited and costly.
As part of its strategy to diversify its credit offer to better respond to clients’ personal needs Advans has chosen to focus on education. Advans sees education as one of the main contributors to economic and social development. Some of Advans affiliates have begun to develop education finance in the past few years, with support from the group and external partners. Tailored products have been created for i) school establishments with financing for infrastructure investments and also through short term treasury loans or overdraft products; and ii) parents, to support them in the payment of school fees through either dedicated loan products or savings plans. Advans will capitalise on these first experiences to build its group expertise on educational finance products.